The Ghana government today announced it has increased the prices on fuel between 15-20%
The new prices take effect Sunday February 17, 2013, according to a statement signed by the Chief Executive of the National Petroleum Authority Alex Mould, reports myjoyonline.com February 16, 2013.
“The maximum indicative price for a litre of petrol will be GH¢2.0496 (GH¢9.22 per gallon) and the maximum indicative prices for a litre of diesel will be GH¢2.0683 will (GH¢9.31 per gallon)” it quoted the statement as saying.
Kerosene will now sell at 104.65 pesewas per litre, a 15% rise while LPG will go for 194.85 pesewas per litre or GH¢24.36 per a 12.5 kg cylinder, according to the report. The LPG price is increased by 50%.
The statement said the new prices are based on the crude oil price of $116 per barrel and an exchange rate of GH¢1.89/USD.
By Ekow Quandzie/ghanabusinessnews.com
Increase In Fuel Prices Strikes Ghana SpyGhana.com – SpyGhana.com delivers breaking news,multimedia, reviews & opinion, business, sports, movies, travel, books, jobs, education, real estate, cars & more
- Increase in fuel prices impacts negatively on OMCs
- Fuel Prices In Ghana Should Have Gone Up Today.
- NPA to increase prices of LPG, kerosene, premix fuel February 1
- IMF tells Ghana to Increase fuel prices to save the economy
- Uganda: Fuel prices rise, Shilling struggles
READ FULL ARTICLE ON AUTHOR WEBSITE
Author: © 2011 SpyGhana.com, All rights reserved.
Visitors found this page by searching for:
- new fuel prices in ghana
- fuel price in ghana per litre
- increase in fuel in GHana